About the Embassy
The Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Bratislava is responsible for the Slovak Republic. The Republic of Slovenia and the Slovak Republic have established diplomatic relations in 1993 just months after the Slovak Republic became independent. Slovenia has its own embassy in Bratislava since 1997.
Up till now the following Slovenian extraordinary and plenipotentiary ambassadors were posted in Slovakia:
- H.E. Mrs Ada Filip-Slivnik from 2000 till 2004,
- H.E. Mrs Maja Marija Lovrenčič Svetek from 2004 till 2008,
- H.E. Mr Stanislav Vidovič from 2009 till 2013, and
- H.E. Mrs. Bernarda Gradišnik from 2013 till 2017.
The main objectives of the Embassy are:
- establishing, maintaining and promoting permanent relations with Slovak state institutions and their official representatives,
- providing information on Slovenia and on the possibilities of cooperation in common interest areas as well as providing conditions for promoting cooperation between both countries in these areas,
- regularly informing the Slovak side about the views, development and interest of Slovenia as well as informing the Slovenian side about Slovak views on key issues,
- facilitating and actively promoting economic relations between businesses in both countries,
- organizing or taking part in Slovenian cultural events in Slovakia,
- monitoring the Slovak media reports on Slovenia and establishing contacts with journalists,
- providing consular assistance to the Slovenian community and Slovenian citizens in Slovakia.